Discover Peace and Balance with Our Stress Management Solutions
Expert chiropractor for stress and anxiety in Bathurst
Is the burden of stress affecting your life, causing physical and emotional strain?
Our holistic approach to stress management focuses on addressing the root causes, not just symptoms.
While it is true that a little stress short-term can be good for us, chronic (long-term) stress can have serious and sometimes debilitating effects. Stress reduction is important for our psychological wellbeing and our physical health as well.
With over 25 years of experience and 30,000+ treatments, Bathurst Chiropractic is your partner on the journey to stress relief. In fact, we guarantee it with our money back guarantee.
Our 3-Step Process
Free Phone Assessment
Your Healing Journey Starts
At your first appointment, we start your personalised healing journey:
- We'll have a 45-minute discovery session to uncover the root causes of your issues.
- Neurological assessments & nervous system tests ensure efficient communication between your brain and body.
- Physical exams and in-house X-rays are available if needed.
- If appropriate, you will receive an adjustment on your first visit to promote healing.
We track your progress at follow up appointments, discuss options & provide at-home exercises to treat root causes.
After your appointments, you'll experience enhanced vitality, mental clarity, improved sleep, better communication and stress management, increased mobility & an overall sense of well-being and vitality. This transformation is the result of our holistic approach, freeing your body from encumbrances through vitalistic chiropractic care.
Uncovering the Root Causes of Your Stress
We understand that stress is a complex and deeply personal experience & its causes can vary widely from person to person. Our approach to stress management begins with a thorough exploration of your unique situation.
1. Identifying Stressors: Our experienced chiropractors collaborate closely with you to pinpoint specific stress triggers. The three main catagories of stress we focus on is physical, chemical & mental/emotional. For example, the stress of physical pain from an injury or accident because you ‘can’t get on with life’, work-related pressures can be highly stressful creating tension in your body, nutritional & hydration concerns can also create stress & tension limiting your ability to heal, and the tension and load that mental/emotional stress can cause.
2. Open Communication: We maintain open and empathetic communication with you throughout the assessment, creating a safe space for you to start your healing journey.
3. Holistic Approach: Our holistic assessment considers your overall well-being, including physical health, spinal alignment, and nervous system function, recognising the interconnectedness of body, mind, and spirit.
4. Stress Test: Dr. Ben Purcell employs a non-invasive, hi-tech computerised assessment to measure the autonomic nervous system’s response to stress using sensors placed on the head, shoulders & hands. This test is done along with our comprehensive assessment, including discussions about your medical history, lifestyle & daily routines to understand your stress triggers deeply.
5. Biofeedback Insights: We use advanced biofeedback techniques to measure your body’s responses to stress, and to provide you with valuable insights and skills to manage your stress patterns.
Our Holistic Stress Management Approach
At Bathurst Chiropractic, we understand that managing stress involves more than just surface-level solutions. We take a comprehensive and holistic chiropractic approach to help you effectively manage and alleviate stress. Our treatment strategies are rooted in the principles of salutogenesis and applied kinesiology, which emphasise the body’s innate ability to heal and adapt.
1. Chiropractic Care: Precise spinal adjustments to reduce muscle tension and support natural healing.
2. Muscle Release Techniques: Specialised methods to release tension and enhance mobility.
3. Posture Improvement: Guidance and exercises for better posture and physical well-being.
4. Lifestyle Changes: Advice on ergonomics, exercise, and nutrition for overall health.
5. Emotional Support: Mindfulness, stress-reduction exercises to reduce the impact and tension from stress.
Experience the Bathurst Chiropractic Difference
Money Back Guarantee
30,000+ Successful Treatments in 25 Years
What is stress management, and why is it essential for overall well-being?
Stress management is the practice of identifying and addressing the causes of stress to reduce its impact on physical and emotional health. It is vital for maintaining a balanced and healthy lifestyle.
Is the first consultation really free?
How much does a stress management chiropractor cost?
At Bathurst Chiropractic, we offer transparent and accessible pricing for our services:
1. Phone Assessment:
- Cost: Free
- Includes: A 10-minute phone assessment, personalised understanding, holistic introduction, and referrals if necessary.
2. Initial Consult (all-inclusive: tests & adjustment):
- Cost: $147
- Includes: Comprehensive assessment, in-house X-rays if needed, all required tests, and your first adjustment.
3. Followup Consult (all-inclusive: tests & adjustment):
- Cost: $65
- Includes: Chiropractic adjustment, progress discussion, personalised recommendations, at-home exercises, and scientific tracking.
4. 12-Pack Consult (10% discount):
- Cost: $58.50 per session
- Includes: Chiropractic adjustment, ongoing well-being support, progress tracking, and holistic continuity.
Do you offer a money back guarantee for stress management?
How does chiropractic care help with stress management?
Holistic Chiropractic care can alleviate muscle tension, improve nervous system function & promote relaxation, all of which contribute to stress reduction.
Lets talk about the Role of the Autonomic Nervous System in Stress:
Bathurst Chiropractor Ben Purcell describes, the Autonomic Nervous System (ANS) governs those functions of the body that help keep us alive without any conscious thought, for example flowing blood to different parts of the body or the beating of our heart.
The ANS comprises a vast network of nerves that branch out from the brain and spinal cord and carry information to and from the brain and every part of the body.
In simple terms, the ANS comprises two types of branch, the sympathetic and the parasympathetic. In the case of stressful situations, the sympathetic branch initiates the fight or flight reaction, making us ready to deal with danger. Although the worry of not meeting a deadline at work or realising there is not enough in the Bank to meet the next mortgage payment are not as physically deadly as our ancestors being confronted by a sabre-tooth, our body’s reaction has not changed!
The sympathetic ANS initiates physical responses such as; raised heart rate, respiration rate and blood pressure, increased adrenalin levels and dilated pupils in the eyes. Other signs are butterflies in the tummy and colder hands and feet as blood circulation is diverted away from the stomach and extremities to our muscles to help us to either fight – or run away! After the danger has passed, the parasympathetic ANS takes over, returning all our bodily systems to normal once again.
As Dr. Purcell explains, while this ‘switch on’, ‘switch off’ effect between the sympathetic and parasympathetic ANS is what should happen, but in our increasingly busy and stressful lives things can go wrong! Things can get out of balance when the effects of the stressor do not get switched off properly. In this scenario, we risk developing a variety of stress-related physical and mental symtpoms.
What are the signs that I may be experiencing chronic stress?
Chronic stress can manifest as symptoms like muscle tension, headaches, fatigue, changes in appetite, sleep disturbances & mood swings. These things are all too common in our modern society, but definitely not normal.
Do lifestyle changes really make a difference in managing stress?
Yes, making positive lifestyle changes such as improving nutrition, exercise & stress-reduction techniques can significantly reduce stress levels and enhance overall well-being.
How long does it take to see results with stress management techniques?
The timeline for seeing results varies from person to person. Some individuals may experience relief quickly, while others may take longer. Consistency and commitment to stress management techniques are essential. Start your free phone assessment now for a more accurate timeline tailored to you.
Is stress management a one-size-fits-all approach, or do you tailor it to individual needs?
Stress management is not a one-size-fits-all approach at Bathurst Chiropractic. We understand that each individual experiences stress differently, and our approach is rooted in the principles of salutogenesis and applied kinesiology. These holistic chiropractic methods emphasise the interconnectedness of the body, mind & spirit.
Our team of experienced chiropractors takes a personalised approach to stress management. We tailor our techniques and strategies to address your unique needs, stress triggers & overall well-being. By considering your physical health, spinal alignment, nervous system function & emotional factors, we create a stress management plan that is specifically designed to empower you on your journey to lasting peace and balance.
This individualised approach ensures that you receive the care and support you need to effectively manage and reduce stress while promoting overall health and well-being.